Ben is a Risk Analyst at Acclimatise.
Ben is an expert in using spatial analysis for climate change impact assessments and adaptation decision making. He has managed and provided technical support for a wide number of high profile projects as well as developing online risk mapping tools. He leads Acclimatise’s spatial risk team.
He came to Acclimatise in 2010 having completed a PhD at Cardiff University’s Earth Science department. His research involved integrating climate, hydrology and socio-economic models to assess the risk to communities and businesses from groundwater flooding in the UK.
Ben has a broad interest in environmental hazards and risk and the role climate change can play in mediating the relationship between physical and social systems. Previously, Ben received an MSc with distinction in environmental hazards and risk at Brunel University, worked as a GIS technician with E.ON and has a BSc in psychology from the University of Nottingham. His areas of expertise include:
- Climate impact, risk and vulnerability assessment
- Climate model data and downscaling techniques
- Robust adaptation decision making and support tools
- Advanced GIS analysis, spatial modelling and statistics
- Hydrogeological and hydrological modelling, including flood risk analysis
- Project management and business development
- Product development
- Stakeholder engagement, workshops and communication
+44 (0) 2920 450688