Who we are_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Acclimatise is a specialist consulting, communications and digital application company providing world-class expertise in climate change adaptation and risk management. Founded in 2004, our mission is to help our clients understand and adapt to climate risk, and take advantage of the emerging opportunities that climate change will bring.
With offices in the UK, US, India, Barbados and mainland Europe, Acclimatise has worked in over 60 countries worldwide. Working with national and local governments, multilateral organisations, and major corporations, Acclimatise has been at the forefront of climate change adaptation for over a decade. Our experience spans a wide range of sectors including government, finance, insurance, water, energy, transport, mining, agriculture, defence, food and beverages, and development.
Our continued success is based on successful engagement with our clients, taking the time to understand their individual needs, processes and operations. In this way, we help bridge the gap between the latest climate science and the realities of day-to-day decision-making.
To explore some of our past projects please click here.
What we do_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
We bridge the gap between the latest scientific developments and real world decision-making, helping our clients to introduce cost-effective measures to build climate resilience into their strategies, processes and activities.
We use the latest techniques in risk management and climate adaptation planning for the benefit of our clients. We have successfully enabled our clients to:
- Build the business case for adaptation
- Strengthen their supply chains
- Make their assets climate resilient
- Directly engage with adaptation through our digital applications and tools
- Communicate the risks and opportunities of climate change throughout their organisation and beyond
- Enhance their returns on investment and identifying business opportunities
- Mainstream adaptation into their governance structures
- Guide climate compatible international development
- Support global forestry and REDD+